Buffalo, New York Climate & Temperature
- Buffalo, New York, Usa is at 42°56'N, 78°43'W, 218 m (715 ft). See map.
- Buffalo, New York has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, warm summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Buffalo, New York is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The annual average temperature is 8.7 degrees Celsius (47.7 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 26.4 °C (47.5°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 0.2°C (32.4°F) on average falling to -7.2°C (19.1°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 12.2°C (54°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 2.4°C (36.3°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 25.5°C (77.8°F) and average low temperatures are 15.3°C (59.5°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 15.1°C (59.1°F) during the day and lows of 6.2°C (43.2°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 980 mm (38.6 inches) which is equivalent to 980 Litres/m² (24.04 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2398 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Buffalo, New York you would come out nearest to the climate station at Albany, Western Australia, Australia where you would find a Mediterranean climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Buffalo, New York, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Toronto Downsview, On, Canada - 109 kms (67.7 miles) NW
- Toronto, Pearson Intl, On, Canada - 110.2 kms (68.5 miles) NW
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada - 94 kms (58.4 miles) NW
- Waterloo Wellington, On, Canada - 146.4 kms (91 miles) WNW
- St Catharines, On, Canada - 46.6 kms (29 miles) NW
- Hamilton, On, Canada - 102 kms (63.4 miles) WNW
- Erie, Pa, Usa - 153.3 kms (95.3 miles) SW
- Warren, Pa, Usa - 107.2 kms (66.6 miles) SSW
- Peterborough, On, Canada - 146 kms (90.8 miles) N
- Trenton, On, Canada - 161.9 kms (100.6 miles) NE
- Oswego, Ny, Usa - 187.9 kms (116.8 miles) ENE
- Brockport W, Ny, Usa - 70.2 kms (43.6 miles) ENE
- Rochester/ Rochester-Monroe, Ny, Usa - 87.7 kms (54.5 miles) ENE
- Hemlock, Ny, Usa - 58.9 kms (36.6 miles) E
- Ithaca Cornell Un, Ny, Usa - 190 kms (118 miles) ESE
- Elmira, Ny, Usa - 172.5 kms (107.2 miles) ESE
- Angelica, Ny, Usa - 120.1 kms (74.6 miles) SSE